Park Trill, a small town, located on the railroad five miles south of Tahlequah, is noted principally for its connection with the history of the Cherokee Nation. It has a bank controlled by Mr. Waddie Hudson, for many years the editor and proprietor of the Tahlequah Arrow, an old-time newspaper which is still published, and several general stores. The old Park Hill Female Seminary, which was destroyed by fire many years ago, was the leading school for girls in the Indian Territory for many years. The Cherokee Orphan Academy is located just west of Park Hill, and is now the only Indian school still in existence in that part of the country. John Ross, the noted first chief of the Cherokees, maintained a palatial residence near Park Hill for many years.
Source: Benedict, John D. Muskogee and northeastern Oklahoma, including the counties of Muskogee, McIntosh, Wagoner, Cherokee, Sequoyah, Adair, Delaware, Mayes, Rogers, Washington, Nowata, Craig, and Ottawa. 3 v. illus., ports., facsims. 28 cm. Chicago, S.J. Clarke Pub. Co., 1922.